WOOD, warm, natural renewable. The natural choice for a healthy home.
- Our log homes are constructed using high quality pine which is slow-grown in Finland's unique Arctic climate.
- Our raw materials have zero carbon foot print because they are farm-grown.
- The tight, even growth rings of slow-grown northern pine guarantees a long life span.
- Log Homes are stronger than conventional homes.
- Log homes are faster to build than conventional homes.
- The construction process of a log home is cleaner, safer and healthier than conventional building systems.
- Log homes have established a record of surviving natural disasters; to a greater extent than timber frame houses or other conventional buildings which have been known to simply float away.
- Log homes are stronger than timber frame, concrete and brick buildings in times of earth quakes.
- All wood materials can be recycled, rebuilt and reused in times of natural disaster.
- Log homes are energy efficient. Two main factors determine the ability of a log wall to be an effective barrier to temperature differences:
1) the “R- Value” (a numerical measure of a material's resistance to heat flow over its defined thickness);
2) “Thermal mass” (a measure of a material's ability to store heat and thereby delay heat flow).
- Logs do not burn easily. Tests demonstrate that log structures are stronger than steel as they do not collapse when hot. The log thickness, high density and moisture content prevent fire penetration and cause them to char rather than burn, thus protecting the core.
- Our external insulation system protects the main log structure from fire because our recycled paper insulation merely carbonises and reduces heat.
- Our external insulation system contains boron compounds which effectively stop rot, fungus and termites.
- Log homes in Scandinavian regions have been known to last for hundreds of years; our external insulation frame makes this possible in other climates.
- Logs breathe; they maintain air quality, improve sleep and reduce skin-related allergies, breathing problems and asthma.
- Wood is a healthy building material that produces a feeling of warmth and comfort.
- Wood is a self-binding, natural and renewable building material.
- Wood is the only building material which absorbs carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Log homes are aesthetically pleasing to the eye and blend in with their natural surroundings.
- Our log wall system increases your living comfort by keeping your home warmer in winter and cooler in summer.